Monday, July 4, 2011

Where Am I?

So I thought y'all might want to know what my living conditions are like... So this is the building where we live, where we work, where we eat (sometimes)... Basically our whole existence revolves around this place!


This is the room Kylie Moe, Kendra Kimber, and I share:



And this is what it looks like: 



For those who don't know, the brunette is Kylie and the other one is Kendra!



Here are the other people I live and work with:

 (Sara, Veronica, Rachel)

 (Kendra, Heather, Christina)

 (Kylie, Jessica)

[Side note: Sorry if I spelled your names wrong girls!]
So these aren't the best pictures, but I don't really have any others with everyone right now.  This is while we were at the hospital waiting to see the doctor.  There is a requirement here for a physical examination, I believe to get a work visa.  We had to get an X-ray, have blood drawn (bleh!!), be weighed and measured, check our eyes... It was loads of fun, as you can probably imagine.


 Family time after church!



And this is where we go to church!


It's in Taichung, which is a bigger city nearby.  We have about a ten minute walk to the bus stop and then it's a 30-45 minute bus ride, and then another 2-ish minute walk to get to the building from where the bus stop.  It's a bit of a process and I haven't had this much trouble getting to church... well, ever! And it has been a VERY long time since I was more than a few blocks from church. 
There is actually an LDS building closer to where the school is located, but it  has only Chinese wards.  And actually, if we're being honest, I would prefer that because I am extremely interested in learning as much Chinese as possible in as little time as possible.  But, I'm thinking I should probably know a bit more before I attempt that.  So... maybe later!
For now we are in the English branch and it is TINY.  The ten new ILP teachers basically doubled the size of the ward and probably quadrupled the Relief Society.  But, from what I can tell there are some really neat people here and it is going to be pretty interesting to work with them!


1 comment:

  1. Ha, wow, thank you sooo much for posting that photo of me. Awesome! ;p

    ReplyDelete