Sunday, July 17, 2011

BIG Buddha

So a few of the teachers here at Berhan decided that we would go see the giant Buddha in Chang Hua (a town about oh... an hour away from Feng Yuan where we are.  This also happens to be the town that is the location of the other ILP licensed school.)  I have heard that this is the largest Buddha in Asia, which is pretty believeable after being inside it... Let me show you -







 Yep... that's little ole me next to it!


And here are a few pictures from inside the giant Buddha:





These are pictures of buildings and statues around the Buddha -
(Some super neat stuff!!)














There was this beautiful little garden behind that big red building featured in several of the above pictures.  It was a tad crowded when we were there, but I can imagine that it would be an incredibly peaceful place to go when there weren't so many people.




These two lovely ladies came up and asked to take a picture with me! It basically made my day... Of course I had to ask them for a picture as well so I could always remember my first celebrity appearance on film!


I don't know if you can tell why I took this picture or not... but those giant white cylindrical things are EGGS!  I've never seen one so huge.  So, I had to go on a covert mission to obtain a picture.  I thought I was pretty sneaky... but I was told that I was not.


This is the view from the lookout at the big Buddha.  Gorgeous.


 There were a bunch of statues lining the walkway leading up to the big Buddha.  Some of them were pretty creepy, and others were just funny.
These three I gave names to...
 Saydi

 Tess

 Me!

Suits us well don't you think? (:




No comments:

Post a Comment