Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bikes!

So quite a few things happened between when we got here and the morning market that I wanted to share but didn't have time... so that's what this is for!

First of all, our second day here we got to pick out bikes.  So exciting!! You have to understand that I have not ridden a bike... probably since early middle school at the very latest.  More likely elementary school.  So it's been awhile!  And I have been completely stoked to get a bike to ride all over Taiwan on. 

So after we picked out our bikes that second day, we took a field trip (on our new bikes!) to a nearby grocery store to get a few things.  Soon after we started out, my bike started making funny noises and I wasn't really able to pedal very well.  But I was still moving down the road, so I figured I might as well keep going.  Ha... well that may not have been the best decision!  The farther down the road I got the worse it became, until pedaling was doing absolutely nothing to propel the bike forward.  Of course this happened just as I was going through a busy Taiwanese intersection!  Turns out the chain came off.  So after shopping I had to pull it back on, resulting in my blackened hands -


(I'm standing next to my bike, in case you didn't quite pick that up.)


My favorite part of this whole ordeal was the old guy we saw on the way back who, when he saw us, said, "Hellooo Beauties!" :)

I love Taiwan. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment