Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I am officially an Alien.

What's this? 



It must be my A.R.C. card!
Oh Joy!


This neat little piece of plastic means that I get to stay in Taiwan!
It also means I can get paid.
It also means if I leave I can get back in.
Plus I think it means I can get health insurance,
and a driver's (i.e. - scooter) license,
and a whole bunch of other cool things that have to do with being an alien resident in Taiwan. 
Basically, this makes my life here a whole lot easier.

And they just look really cool.

Unfortunately,
when we leave, they stay here.
I'm a bit sad about this,
mainly because they really do look wicked awesome.
But, oh well!
Like one of the secretaries [Charlene] said:
"Take lots of pictures!"

So, here's a close up!
(Please disregard the awful picture on the card.
We were forced to take our ID pictures our very first day here.
After a 13ish hour flight.
And a couple hour long bus ride.
And an hour long wait in the heat.
Plus [for me] an entire day of traveling before the 13 hour long flight.
It was, quite simply, inhumane.)



AH!-Mazing, right?
And we just got them yesterday!
What a perfect way to celebrate 7 weeks in Taiwan.




1 comment:

  1. 7 weeks already!? Holy Cow! I'm so jealous of your adventures. And of your cool new card, of course.

    PS: you're the prettiest alien I know.

    ReplyDelete