Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cinnamon Cheer

On the Monday after the Wonderful Weekend
Kendra and I decided we needed to make Cinnamon Rolls.

Here is the documentation of what happened:


Kylie supplied background music

Unfortunately,
Kylie also earned the war wound of the night.
(She burnt her hand taking butter from the microwave.)

The scene of the crime.

The revenge.
Kendra was the Official Sugar Sprinkler.


I used a jar to roll out the dough...

And then Jenny came in and told me we had not one but TWO rolling pins.
When I was on the last batch.
Of course.

The 2nd Rolling Pin.
Blasted thing.
Hiding in the drawer. :|

Before...



After!

Kendra's YUM-MY Cream Cheese Frosting.
(It's kind of her specialty)

Waiting is so hard!



The [Almost] Finished Product...

Because we ran out of frosting...
But Kylie and Christina came to the rescue
with an emergency trip to A-Mart for supplies.

Mmmmm....


Enjoying the fruits of our labors!


Smiles = Success!


And this is the mini baby gecko that visited toward the end of our little party.
Poor guy...
I'm positive he wanted a cinnamon roll,
but there was no way any of us were going to agree to share.

 


We gave one of the pans to the secretaries the next day,
as a small gesture of appreciation for all they do.
I was told a few days later that they were so good!
I was just happy to hear that they weren't rejected for being too sweet...
That would have put a bit of a damper on my affinity for spreading Cinnamon Cheer.



No comments:

Post a Comment