Monday, November 7, 2011

Day of the Durian

The weekend after we went to Hualien,
there were a few of us who were so wiped out
that we couldn't fathom doing much more than getting out of bed
let alone planning another trip somewhere.
So we just chilled at home.
But that does NOT mean that we didn't have any adventures!

There is a fruit here
with a smell the likes of which cannot be matched
anywhere else in the world.
Those of you who told me before I came that there were things here I would smell that could be smelled no where else,
I'm beginning to understand.

Behold.
The Durian.




This terrifying fruit has a smell the likes of which you can't even imagine. 

My dear friend and roommate Kendra Kimber
doesn't actually think that this fruit smells bad.
And I quote:
"I can't smell it!"

Kendra.
Are you kidding me??
It's only infusing itself into every inch of the kitchen!
(Ok, I guess it wasn't that bad... you'd understand if you smelled it.)



Anyway.
We tried this thing.
For fun.
Here is what happened:



And there you have it!

If nothing else,
it was definitely an enlightening experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment